If policing was an ordinary job, we’d be an ordinary health fund. But it’s not, and that’s why you have us.
- WE'RE THE ONLY INSURANCE GROUP IN AUSTRALIA THAT OFFERS ROLLOVER BENEFITS: For many services, unused annual maximum benefits not claimed in one calendar year can be rolled over to the next!
- FREEDOM TO CHOOSE: We don’t direct you to a particular doctor or any other health care provider. You have freedom to choose your preferred hospital, doctor and any other service provider, such as your physiotherapist and dentist, as long as the provider is recognised with us.
- DESIGNED EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE POLICE COMMUNITY: We’re Australia’s only private health insurer run by police for police. We cover over 50,000 members of the police community across Australia.
- WE UNDERSTAND YOUR NEEDS: We’re managed by a team of health insurance professionals under the direction of a Board of Directors drawn from both police and health insurance backgrounds.
- LASER EYE SURGERY: With our combined covers (Platinum Health & Platinum Plus) you also receive partial benefits of corrective laser eye surgery, not available when taking out either SureCover Extras or Top Hospital.
- GENEROUS BENEFITS: We pay up to 80% of the cost for the majority of Extras services provided by recognised providers.
- INCLUDES AMBULANCE COVER: Comprehensive ambulance cover for emergency transport, clinically required non-emergency transport and treatment not requiring transport.
- WE KEEP IT SIMPLE: You only have to choose between our comprehensive extras, hospital or both.
- We’re rated highly among our members for customer satisfaction, with a score of over 98%*.
*hirmaa customer satisfaction survey 2017.
- NOT FOR PROFIT: For over 80 years we have been a not-for-profit health insurer with straightforward products, ensuring our members receive the best health cover at the best possible price.
- MEMBERS OWN: Whenever you see the Members Own symbol next to a health fund logo, you're looking at an insurer that exists to deliver the best possible service and benefits to you — the member, not shareholders or overseas owners!
- HEALTHBEAT: An online health risk assessment for Police Health members who are 18 years and older with hospital cover. Giving you up-to-date health information that is relevant to you, and if identified at a risk an invitation to chronic disease management program funded by Police Health.
Health News for Police
Health articles written for police and their families. Stay up to date with the latest health advice written specifically for the police community in heartbeat.
Police officer skills to use as a parent
You have two great responsibilities, being a parent and an officer. And while they might seem like they’re worlds apart, they aren’t.
Your intuitive voice can help you become a better officer
Working as a police officer, you’re trained to think (and act) fast. It’s not like a 9-5 job. You can’t plan your day.
Supporting events that support the police community.
As a not-for-profit, Members Own organisation, we pride ourselves on caring for our members and being financially responsible. We welcome sponsorship requests for a range of clubs, groups and events that support the health and wellbeing of the police community. Send us your sponsorship request. We're always looking for ways to give back to the police community. Check out some of the upcoming events we're proud to be part of.
Australian Police Rugby Union 2016-2018
Police Health proudly supports the Australian Police Rugby Union with a sponsorship spanning three years.
Australian Police Winter Games
Since 1983, police members from across Australia have been meeting at ski resorts in Victoria and New South Wales and holding an annual national al