How we are different is why we are better.
The nature of health insurance is that you never know what health service you might need or when you might need it.
If the health of you and your family is important to you, you might well be buying top-of-the-range insurance from a big-name provider.
But are you getting the quality of cover you deserve - and are you paying top dollar for something that's not top value?
If these questions make you stop and think, you should be talking to Police Health. Exclusive to the policing community - we're here to provide you and your family with insurance that's quite simply cover like no other.
Because we're a not-for-profit organisation without shareholders, we can pay out much more in benefits.
With an exclusive Rollover Benefit (to the Police Health Group) that allows you to rollover any unclaimed annual maximums from one calendar year to the next for most Extra services.*
And, when it comes to our Hospital cover, we offer no excess, exclusions, co-payments, or benefit restriction limits.*
If you would like to know why more than 60,000 members of the Australian policing community already insure with Police Health, or you just want to see the difference in your current cover, give our friendly team a call 1800 603 603 - they will be happy to help.
* may be subject to waiting periods and other conditions.
- WE'RE THE ONLY INSURANCE GROUP IN AUSTRALIA THAT OFFERS ROLLOVER BENEFITS: For many services, unused annual maximum benefits not claimed in one calendar year can be rolled over to the next!
- FREEDOM TO CHOOSE: We don’t direct you to a particular doctor or any other health care provider. You have freedom to choose your preferred hospital, doctor and any other service provider, such as your physiotherapist and dentist, as long as the provider is recognised with us.
- DESIGNED EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE POLICE COMMUNITY: We’re Australia’s only private health insurer run by police for police. We cover over 57,000 members of the police community across Australia.
- WE UNDERSTAND YOUR NEEDS: We’re managed by a team of health insurance professionals under the direction of a Board of Directors drawn from both police and health insurance backgrounds.
- LASER EYE SURGERY: With our combined cover (Gold Combined) you also receive partial benefits of corrective laser eye surgery, not available when taking out either Rolling Extras or Gold Hospital.
- GENEROUS BENEFITS: We pay up to 80% of the cost for the majority of Extras services provided by recognised providers.
- INCLUDES AMBULANCE COVER: Comprehensive ambulance cover for emergency transport, clinically required non-emergency transport and treatment not requiring transport.
- WE KEEP IT SIMPLE: You only have to choose between our comprehensive extras, hospital or both.
- We’re rated highly among our members for customer satisfaction, with a score of over 98%*.
*hirmaa customer satisfaction survey 2019.
- NOT FOR PROFIT: For over 80 years we have been a not-for-profit health insurer with straightforward products, ensuring our members receive the best health cover at the best possible price.
- MEMBERS HEALTH: Whenever you see the Members Health Fund Alliance symbol next to a health fund logo, you're looking at an insurer that exists to deliver the best possible service and benefits to you — the member, not shareholders or overseas owners!