Police Health is Australia's only private health insurer run for the police by police
Who Can Join?
Police Health is restricted access private health insurer for:
1. Current Australian police officers, police employees and volunteers of state, territory or federal police departments, police unions and associations.of state, territory or federal police departments, police unions and associations.
2. Retired and and former police officers, police employees and volunteers of police departments, unions and associations in Australia.
3. In addition, eligibility also extends to the families of the above:
- partners, including spouse or defacto
- former partners
- dependent and adult children (including the partners and dependent children of the adult children)
- siblings (including a sibling's partner/spouse, a sibling's dependent child)
Contact us if you are uncertain about your eligibility. 1800 603 603.
FAQ: Can I retain my cover after I retire from police?
Yes you can, all past and present Australian serving police officers and employees of police departments can join.
FAQ: Which Departments, Unions and Associations Qualify?
- SAPOL: South Australian Police
- NTPFES: Northern Territory Police Services
- QPS: Queensland Police Service
- WAPOL: Western Australian Police
- TASPOL: Tasmanian Police
- VICPOL: Victorian Police
- NSWPOL: New South Wales Police
- AFP: Australian Federal Police
Unions & Associations
- PASA: Police Association of South Australia
- NTPA: Northern Territory Police Association
- QPU: Queensland Police Union
- QPCOUE: Queensland Police Commissioned Officers Union
- WAPU: Western Australian Police Union
- PAT: Police Association of Tasmania
- TPAV: The Police Association of Victoria
- PANSW: Police Association of New South Wales
- AFPA: The Australian Federal Police Association
- PFA: The Police Federation of Australia
FAQ: Can I join when at the Police Academy/College?
Yes you can. Whilst training at the police academy/ college you are currently employed by your state/territory police department, so therefore are eligible to join.
FAQ: What about other first responders?
Police Health has provided the very best private health insurance since 1935. Now covering over 60,000 members of the policing community across Australia. Police Health's focus on offering top cover in three easy-to understand polices saw a high demand from other first responders wanting the very best insurance.
For that reason we also operate Emergency Services Health, for first responders and their families with the same great products and service.
If you have friends in emergency services wanting only the best let them know they may be eligible to join Emergency Service Health.
Find the right cover for you