Terms and Conditions
The website and mobile application or “App” (collectively, online services) are owned by Police Health Limited ABN 86 135 221 519 © Copyright Police Health Limited.
By opening, viewing or using these online services, you acknowledge that you have read and unreservedly accept these Terms and Conditions.
1. Reliance on information and other content
You accept that information contained within these online services is for general purposes only. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or currency of the information or other content. We have absolute discretion and without any obligation whatsoever to add, delete, amend, alter, change, correct, update or otherwise deal with any information or other content, including these Terms and Conditions, at any time and without notice. Calculations of premiums are simulations, subject to variation depending on your personal circumstances and indicative only and are subject to confirmation and the Fund Rules. No information appearing on these online services is to be taken as a quote, an offer or as having qualified for cover. All information relating to health insurance policies is subject to the Fund Rules, which can be provided to members on request. Fund Rules and benefits are subject to change. Where there is a discrepancy between the Fund Rules and information appearing on these online services, the Fund Rules will prevail. No person should act or fail to act on the basis of the information or other content appearing on these online services.
A person cannot be covered under a health insurance policy unless eligibility requirements are met and the person is accepted by us for health insurance purposes.
2. Transmission over the internet
You acknowledge that the Internet is not a secure environment. We cannot guarantee the security of information you send and receive by electronic means, and hence electronic exchanges are undertaken at your own risk.
You accept that it is your responsibility to protect yourself from exposure to damage to your computer systems, such as from viruses and other malware, or unauthorised access to your computer systems and your information.
You agree to provide us, through the online services, only with information that you are legally entitled to provide.
You must not, nor permit any other person to, disrupt or interfere with or attempt to disrupt or interfere with the operation of the online services in any manner whatsoever. This includes, but is not limited to, acts or attempts to knowingly transmit viruses or other malware, or make unauthorised access to the online services and/or change the content. Inappropriate conduct may result you being restricted from accessing or using part of or all of the online services.
3. Third Parties and Third Party sites
We provides links to third party websites. These websites are not under the control of us and you acknowledge that we are not responsible for any practices, content or risks associated with the use of third party websites.
We provide a search facility for third party providers and may publish a name or logo in respect of a third party. We do not warrant the products or services of these third parties in any manner whatsoever, and service or product issues must be taken up with these third parties directly. Furthermore, we do not warrant or make any representation as to the currency or accuracy of any third party information contained in or produced by the search facilities online.
4. Health and health related information
All health or health related information on this website is provided for general purposes only and does not replace advice or treatment from health professionals.
5. Online member services portal and Claiming on Mobile Application
We will provide Contributors to a health insurance policy with online access to their health information when registered through the website. Information available through the online services may not be up to date, mainly due to timing differences between receipt and processing information.
We reserve the sole right and discretion:
- To determine a Contributor's eligibility to on-line services, the extent of that access and the level of on-line services that will or will not be made available.
- To determine what information is displayed in relation to an individual on the policy.
- To cancel or terminate a Contributor's access, PIN/password or de-activate the on-line account.
- To discontinue or modify, on a permanent or temporary basis, all or any part of the on-line services, with or without notice.
By registering to use and by using the our online services, you agree to:
- First register through the website, following the registration process and provide your true name, date of birth and email address.
- Take entire responsibility for the security and confidentiality of your PIN/password and you accept that we will assume that you are the user whenever the PIN/password is used to access the on-line services.
- Not disclose your PIN/password to any other person or body, and take full responsibility for any consequences arising from such disclosure.
- Advise us immediately upon becoming aware that your PIN/password has been compromised or there has been unauthorised use, and change your PIN/password through this website.
- Logout of sessions when not using the on-line service.
- Advise other persons on your health insurance policy of your on-line access to their personal information.
- Advise other persons on your health insurance policy who are 14 years and older (and upon turning 14 years of age) that they may contact us and request their claims information not to be displayed.
- Unless permitted by us or authorised by the person involved, not access the information or perform services related to another person.
You agree that:
- You are responsible for all the content you upload or provide to us and that information is true, accurate, current and complete.
- If you provide, or we have reasonable cause to believe you have supplied, false and/or misleading information, then we have the right to suspend or terminate access.
- Access and use of the on-line service is entirely at your own risk.
- Individuals on your health insurance policy may have a right to contact Eus and request that their claims information not be displayed.
6. Intellectual property
Police Health Limited ABN 86 135 221 519, owns all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright and confidential information, in the content of the online services (including in all information, text, software, design and graphics, logos and images), subject to any third party rights, and:
You must not modify, copy, reproduce, download, upload or transmit the content of the online services, or any part of it, for any purpose whatsoever other than for personal use without the written permission by us.
Trademarks and logos are acknowledged to be proprietary to their respective owners and protected by applicable laws.
7. Limitation of liability
To the maximum extent possible under the law, we and its officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives:
Disclaims all and any liability whatsoever (including liability for negligence) to you or any other party for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, or special) arising out of any action or arising from any failure to act by you or any other party in opening, viewing, using, downloading, uploading, or relying on or dealing in any way with information or other content from the online services or other websites.
Excludes any conditions or warranties (express, implied or statutory) relating in any way to the use or non-use of the online services.
Does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any interference or damage, or any unauthorised access to, your software, hardware or any computer systems in connection with the use of this website.
In using this website, the mobile application or third party websites:
- You accept all risks and responsibility for any loss, damages, costs or other consequences.
- You agree not to not hold us, its officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives liable for any unauthorised access, disclosure, damage, corruption or loss of information or other content.
- You agree that we are not liable to you or to any other party for any restriction or termination of access to, or modifying, suspending or discontinuing all or part of the on-line services.
8. Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are governed by, and must be construed in accordance with, the laws of South Australia and by opening, viewing or using our website, you unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of South Australia.