We believe we're the best private health insurer for the police community.
- We’re designed specifically for police and their famillies
- We’re a not-for-profit health insurer with straightforward products, ensuring our members receive the best health cover at the best possible price
- We keep it simple. You only have to choose between our comprehensive extras, hospital or both
- We offer you freedom to choose your preferred hospital, doctor and any other service provider, such as your physiotherapist and dentist, as long as the provider is recognised by us
- We offer our members Rollover benefits, because we understand the unpredictable nature of life.
At Police Health, we make your private health insurance choices as simple as possible to ensure maximum value. We don’t cut corners, we don’t overload you with options, or opt-ins or opt-outs. Our products are simple and designed for life - whatever the journey.
The Police Health Difference
Run by police, for police.
If policing was an ordinary job, we’d be an ordinary health fund. But it’s not, and that’s why you have us. Founded in 1935, Police Health is Australia’s only private health insurer designed specifically for the police community. This single-minded focus allows us to deliver coverage that officers actually need. We’re not just here for you, but also your family – the people who support you the most. Our coverage keeps your family healthy.
Over 57,000 members. Over 80 years.
For over 80 years, we’ve been a not-for-profit health insurer. Today, we have over 57,000 members and named the ‘Number 1 Health Fund for Member Satisfaction in 2021’ with a score of 99%, marking 15 years consecutive years maintaining a score of 98% or higher*. Members tell us our policies are easy to understand, our service is high-quality, and coverage is value for money.
* Customer Satisfaction Survey, Discovery Research 2006 -2021.
We listen to what our members ask, and provide non-jargon advice.
Our premium quality products mean you’re never caught out without appropriate levels of cover, when you need it the most. For extras, we pay, in most cases, a generous 80% of the service fee, and we pride ourselves on a quick and efficient turnaround on claims.
When you call us, you’ll speak to a ‘real’ person. We invest in well-trained staff; we are here to help you.
We’re managed by a team of health insurance professionals under the guidance of a Board of Directors with both policing and health insurance backgrounds – people who know and understand the industry and, most importantly, care about the facets of police officers’ lives.
Know where you stand
Our policies aren’t confusing, nor do you have to jump through hoops to get the help you need. With Police Health, you only need to choose between our comprehensive extras, top hospital or both. Freedom for our members is important to us. Use the doctor, hospital or specialist you’re comfortable with, as long as they’re a registered, recognised provider.
Join over 57,000 Australian’s from the police community and start enjoying the Police Health benefits.