Taking care of your heart health is crucial because a healthy heart not only helps you to live longer, but also helps you fully embrace all the exciting adventures and experiences that life has to offer.
It’s why we’re proud to offer our members on Gold Hospital cover or Gold Combined cover* Healthy Weight For Life’s Heart Health Program, at no extra cost.
The program runs in 3 phases over 18 weeks, and each six-week phase has its own;
- Portion control eating plan (including KicStart™ VLCD meal replacements)
- Activity plan
- Education and coaching plan
- Personalised online self-monitoring and tracking system (phone/mail alternative available if you don’t have internet access)
- 2-way personal motivation, support and guidance through phone, SMS, email, message board and posted communication
How will the program help me?
The Healthy Weight for Life Heart Health program has been designed to assist you manage a range of modifiable weight related risk factors to help improve your day-to-day living, and reduce your overall cardiac risk.
The program also carefully integrates the following strategies to maximise your overall health, vitality and quality of life through;
- Weight loss and better nutrition | Improves metabolism, energy levels and other health markers
- Regular physical activity | Improves fitness and assistance with weight loss and general wellbeing
- Education | Helps build understanding of the issues and strategies required to improve heart health
- Monitoring and engagement strategies | Helps instil accountability and boosts motivation to reach goals
How do I join?
The first step is to register your interest in taking part in the program by calling the Healthy Weight For Life Team on 1800 226 180 (free call) or emailing [email protected].
The next step will involve taking the GP Approval Form (provided when you register your interest) along to your doctor to discuss the suitability of the program for you.
The Prima Health team is available to answer any questions you or your doctor may have about the program.
Then simply return your completed forms via any of the methods listed so our team can continue processing your application**.
*These programs are available for members on Gold Hospital cover or Gold Combined cover with a body mass index (BMI) greater than 28. Waiting periods and other terms and conditions may apply.
** This program does not replace the advice given by your own healthcare team. Please consult with your GP before commencing the program and attend regular check-ups to keep them updated with your progress. Close medical monitoring is necessary for patients taking regular medication such as warfarin, insulin, oral diabetes and blood pressure medication.