The Kieser Osteoarthritis Care Plans are 14-week programs designed to;
- Delay or prevent surgery
- Reduce pain
- Relieve symptoms
- Improve function and quality of life
How does it work?
The programs are patient-centred and doctor-prescribed, and are founded on a broad and strong evidence-base to deliver superior patient outcomes. The 14-week programs include;
- Seven 1:1 Physiotherapy sessions (including initial assessment)
- Eight 1:1 exercise science or exercise physiology sessions
- Care coordination
- Access to the Kieser App
- Home exercise program
- Education program
- A discharge self-management plan
The following additional services are provided when appropriate;
- Strengthening programs on Kieser's specialised equipment
- Onward referral to a range of other health services
Clinical Eligibility Criteria includes;
- Diagnostic confirmation from your doctor
- Surgery candidate in next 3 years
How do I join?
If you’re a member with the correct cover, talk to your GP or a medical practitioner for a referral. If you have any questions, feel free to call us on 1800 603 603.
*Waiting periods and other conditions apply