Who Can Join?
Police Health is restricted access private health insurer for:
1. Currently or previously employed Australian police officers and police employees/volunteers of state, territory or federal police departments, police unions and associations.
2. Retired and former police officers, and employees/ volunteers of police departments, unions and associations in Australia.
3. Close relations of the above, such as:
- Dependent Child
- Adult Child
- Adult Child’s Partner/Spouse
- Adult Child’s Dependent Child
- Former Partner/Spouse
- Sibling’s Partner/Spouse
- Sibling’s Dependent Child
- Grandchild’s Partner
- Grandchild’s Dependent Child
FAQ: Which Departments, Unions and Associations Qualify?
- SAPOL: South Australian Police
- NTPFES: Northern Territory Police Services
- QPS: Queensland Police Service
- WAPOL: Western Australian Police
- TASPOL: Tasmanian Police
- VICPOL: Victorian Police
- NSWPOL: New South Wales Police
- AFP: Australian Federal Police
Unions & Associations
- PASA: Police Association of South Australia
- NTPA: Northern Territory Police Association
- QPU: Queensland Police Union
- QPCOUE: Queensland Police Commissioned Officers Union
- WAPU: Western Australian Police Union
- PAT: Police Association of Tasmania
- TPAV: The Police Association of Victoria
- PANSW: Police Association of New South Wales
- AFPA: The Australian Federal Police Association
- PFA: The Police Federation of Australia
FAQ: Can I retain my cover after I retire from police?
Yes you can. All past and present Australian police officers and employees of police departments are eligible to be members of Police Health.
FAQ: Can I join when at the Police Academy/College?
Yes you can. Whilst training at the police academy/ college you are currently employed by your state/territory police department, so therefore are eligible to join.
FAQ: Can I join if I'm from the emergency services community?
Emergency Services Health is also operated by Police Health Limited, and provides the same top quality cover to Australia's emergency services community. To find out more visit eshealth.com.au.
Contact us on 1800 603 603 if you are uncertain about your eligibility or submit an enquiry form here.